Tortellini In Garlic Parmesan Sauce
When talking about pasta dishes, I bet everybody would agree when I say that Italian recipes are the best. You’d see a huge difference if you go to Italian restaurants and order their traditional pasta recipes. From the pasta itself to the ingredients and seasonings, everything is just so good!
Can you copy their recipes? Absolutely!
Tortellini are just one of the long list of pasta types that originated from Italy, particularly in the region of Emilia. This one here is ring-shaped. In Modena and Bologna, this pasta is commonly sold fresh or homemade. But since Italian cuisine is popular worldwide, tortellini are industrially packed, dried, and frozen/refrigerated and sent to the different parts of the world.
So what can you do with tortellini? There’s a lot actually. Although they are usually stuffed with meat, cheese, egg, and other ingredients, you can also utilize them as you would with regular pasta. In fact, tossing tortellini in garlic parmesan sauce is the simplest thing that you can do with it. This would give you a very delightful result. Creamy, cheesy, and garlic-y. It’s very addicting! Plus, this recipe can be put together in just 20 minutes or so. This would be your go-to recipe if you don’t feel like cooking for hours on end at night.Print
With creamy and rich garlic parmesan sauce, you’d have fun eating tortellini. And this is a dish that you can definitely whip up in just 20 minutes!
1 package fresh Tortellini (20 oz)
2 tablespoons each butter and all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup each nonfat milk and heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated)
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water. Follow the package directions.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds to a minute and add flour. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the mixture turns golden.
- Add milk and heavy cream. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Wait until it’s melted completely.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tortellini into the sauce and make sure that each piece gets coated.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
- Once you add the milk and heavy cream, stir constantly so that the mixture won’t get burnt.
- You can add more cheese and milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
What if the Sauce Is Not Thick Enough?
Our preferences when it comes to the thickness of the sauce may vary. If you think that it is not thick enough for you, there are a few things that you can do. First off, add more cheese and melt it in the hot sauce. Second, you can add some pasta water and let the sauce simmer. Or, you also have the option to add cornstarch.
Tortellini in garlic Parmesan cheese sauce is so easy to make. Like what we have said earlier, it is probably the easiest Italian pasta recipe that you can pull together. If you want some meat in it, feel free to add bits of bacon, ham slices, or even chicken. You can eat it with garlic bread, too.