Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cake is one of the most romantic cakes that you can find displayed in the shops. No wonder why it is highly in demand, especially during Valentine’s day. But really, you don’t have to wait for that day to give a special cake to your loved ones or significant other. You can convey your thoughts and emotions at any time of the day, and there is no better way of doing so than giving something special.
Yes, Red Velvet Cake is very special. But have you ever thought about its mini version? Red Velvet Cupcakes!
These beauties are as delicious as the real cake. They are fluffy, moist, and they have the right balance between acidity and the sweetness of chocolate. All you have to do is to wrap them nicely, put a little note, and surprise the recipient. It’s sweet and thoughtful.
Wondering where to get Red Velvet Cupcakes now? Uh-uh, you don’t have to buy them. It would be really good and thoughtful of you if you make them yourself. That’s an effort right there! But no worries, this type of cupcake is not really hard to make. Plus, you can make a huge batch so you can give the entire family a treat!
Whip up a mini version of the Red Velvet Cake and surprise your loved ones, be it during a special occasion or an ordinary day. This recipe is THE best!
1/2 c. cocoa powder (unsweetened)
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 c. butter (softened)
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sugar
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 oz. red food color
For the frosting (vanilla cream cheese frosting):
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1/4 c. butter
2 tbsp. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
16 oz. confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Get a large bowl and beat softened butter and sugar using an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture gets light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs one at a time and add sour cream, food color, vanilla, and milk.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture at low speed.
- Spoon batter into a paper-lined muffin cup. Fill it 2/3 full. Make 30.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes and cool on a wire rack for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and allow to cool completely.
- Top each piece with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
It is very important that you do not overbeat the flour mixture.
How to Make the Frosting
Combine cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Top with food coloring crumbs if desired. This should make your cupcakes more presentable.
Whatever the occasion is, Red Velvet Cupcakes are an excellent present. They can also be a snack or even dessert. You’d love every bit of it. That’s for sure!