The Best Paleo Burger Recipe
Losing weight is not an easy thing, but it is achievable. There are many ways in which you can shed the extra pounds, and one of the best things that you can do is to watch your food intake. You have to eat foods that are low in calories, but still contain the vitamins and minerals that your body needs in order to stay strong.
In the world of dieters, the Paleo diet is very popular. It includes fish, lean meats, nuts, seeds, as well as fruits and vegetables. Simply put, this diet consists of foods that were thought to be eaten during the Paleolithic era. Some variants include only plant-based products, but there are also some that welcome animal products.
Now, for today’s dinner recipe, we are going to feature THE best Paleo Burger. Yes, that’s right. Hamburger may not be the trend during the Paleolithic age, but this recipe that we are going to feature is made with traditional ingredients – food items that are very nutritious yet still allow you to lose weight.
For those nights when you want a simple meal, this Paleo Burger is a perfect choice. You can make it in just 20 to 30 minutes. You should try it today. Here is the recipe:Print
For people who are following the Paleo diet, this burger recipe is simply the best. It’s much healthier than those that are usually served at fast-food restaurants. You must try it!
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. garlic (granulated)
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 red onion (minced)
salt and pepper to taste
2 parsnips (peeled)
1/2 c. coconut oil (melted)
sliced red onions (for garnish)
3/4 c. avocado mousse
- Mix together ground beef, garlic, Dijon mustard, red onion, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Form about 3 patties and set aside.
- Cut the parsnips into strings using a spiral slicer.
- Preheat a grill and saucepan to medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties on the grill for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut oil into the saucepan. Once the oil is hot, add the parsnips and cook for a couple of minutes or until golden brown. Put the cooked parsnips on paper towels after cooking.
- Flip the burgers and cook until the desired doneness is achieved.
- Assemble the burgers by placing each cooked patty on a bed of lettuce and top with sliced red onions, avocado mousse, and parsnip fries.
To test if the coconut oil is already hot enough, add a string into the oil and see if it bubbles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
If you noticed, we did not use any buns in this recipe. Instead, we utilized lettuce, which is really good, especially if you are aiming to lose weight. You can also add tomatoes and green beans before serving. Trust me, everybody will love this Paleo Burger, even those who are not really following the Paleo diet.
As you can see, this Paleo-friendly recipe is very easy to make. Like what I said earlier, it’s the perfect dinner meal if you don’t want to overwork yourself in the kitchen after a long, stressful day at work.