Slow-Cooker Classic Cheesecake
We have featured several dishes on this blog before that can be made using a slow-cooker – chicken, beef, pork, pasta, and vegetables. You can make pretty much any dish using this special cooking equipment, including dessert. And did you know that you can also make a classic cheesecake with it? We have shared a no-bake cheesecake recipe before, too. But this time, we are going to show you how it’s made by utilizing this cooking appliance that has taken the world by storm.
The truth is, slow cooking has become quite popular in the 70s. It came back, though, with tons of options. People can now choose from manual, digital, programmable, as well as portable. There are also various options when it comes to the pot itself as well as the liner.
Many people fell in love with the revival of the slow cooker because it really helps save time. Before you go to work in the morning, you can simply set it up so that you’d come back home later with a freshly-cooked meal. You can also save money because the usual ingredients needed to cook in this appliance are inexpensive in general. Most importantly, a slow-cooker offers a healthier way of preparing your food. By cooking your meals on slow-heat, the food will be able to maintain its nutrients, flavors, and freshness.
So, are you ready to make a Slow-Cooker Classic Cheesecake? Here we go:Print
You wouldn’t believe that this delicious classic cheesecake is made right at the bottom of a slow cooker. Cheesy and just perfect like the traditional cheesecake!
Cooking spray (for pan)
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
2 blocks of cream cheese (8 oz. each, softened)
2 large eggs
1/3 sour cream
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Spray a springform pan (about 6 inches) with oil and wrap with two layers of foil.
- Pour water in a slow cooker and put a foil circle in it, which will serve as a rack.
- To make the crust, stir together graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and butter. Press into greased pan and set aside.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Pour filling over the crust and top with about three layers of paper towel and the lid.
- Cook on high for a couple of hours, turn off the heat and let cool for an hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the cooker and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until completely chilled.
You can also refrigerate the cheesecake for up to overnight before serving.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours + 4 hours chill time
You can rest assured that the result is the most perfect cheesecake with no cracks at all. Thanks to the low temperature of a slow cooker. You can serve the cheesecake on its own, or you can also serve it with blueberries and strawberries.
Since it takes about 2 hours to make the cheesecake and at least 4 hours to refrigerate it, be sure to make it ahead of time.