For people who are following the Paleo diet, this burger recipe is simply the best. It’s much healthier than those that are usually served at fast-food restaurants. You must try it!
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. garlic (granulated)
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 red onion (minced)
salt and pepper to taste
2 parsnips (peeled)
1/2 c. coconut oil (melted)
sliced red onions (for garnish)
3/4 c. avocado mousse
- Mix together ground beef, garlic, Dijon mustard, red onion, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Form about 3 patties and set aside.
- Cut the parsnips into strings using a spiral slicer.
- Preheat a grill and saucepan to medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties on the grill for about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut oil into the saucepan. Once the oil is hot, add the parsnips and cook for a couple of minutes or until golden brown. Put the cooked parsnips on paper towels after cooking.
- Flip the burgers and cook until the desired doneness is achieved.
- Assemble the burgers by placing each cooked patty on a bed of lettuce and top with sliced red onions, avocado mousse, and parsnip fries.
To test if the coconut oil is already hot enough, add a string into the oil and see if it bubbles.