Strawberry Banana Smoothie
I am a huge fan of smoothies, and Strawberry Banana Smoothie is my ultimate favorite. It is what started it all for me. It was years ago when smoothies became very popular, and, nowadays, you can find smoothie shops almost everywhere. But let me ask you this; why go to a shop if you can easily make your very own smoothie at home? In fact, making your favorite drink at home will give you the opportunity to select the ingredients and make it even healthier.
I stopped going to smoothie shops, and you can too. As long as you have a blender and fresh fruits (and even vegetables), you can recreate your favorite blend in the comfort of your home.
Strawberries and bananas are just meant for each other. They are both sweet and delicious, making the combination even better. Simply add a handful of ice and some milk, and you are in for a real treat. You will have the creamiest, smoothest, most satisfying, and refreshing drink, especially on a hot summer day. It is very easy to whip together too so you can definitely make a glass for everyone!Print
This strawberry banana smoothie couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is combine all the ingredients in a blender, pulse until smooth, serve, and enjoy! You will have the best-tasting smoothie made with fresh bananas and strawberries.
1/2 c. plain yogurt
2 c. strawberries
1 c. milk (or almond milk)
2 tsp. honey (optional)
1/2 chia seeds (optional)
- Place the fruits in a blender.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with strawberry slices, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For the bananas and strawberries, you can use frozen or fresh.
- Leftover blended smoothie can be frozen in cubes for future use.
- If you want your smoothie to be thicker, add less milk.
- If the mixture appears to be too thick, add a little bit of water. But if it is too thin, add more banana and strawberry slices.
This smoothie is delightfully smooth and creamy satisfying!
Do you want your smoothie to be much healthier? Feel free to add some ‘boosters’ like protein powder or greens. Adding some fresh ginger and other fruits and veggies will certainly help jazz up the flavor as well. The bottom line is, you can have this strawberry banana smoothie as the base. It can deliciously stand on its own. It is also super flexible that you can add pretty much anything to it.
Any milk will work for this recipe, be it almond milk, cow’s milk, oat milk, you name it! And, of course, you need ice in order for you to be able to achieve the desired consistency.
Other stuff that you can add to this smoothie recipe:
- Greens like baby spinach or kale
- Fresh ginger (for that extra kick)
- Vanilla extract
- Protein powder, acai powder, or maca powder
- Hemp seeds or ground flax seeds
Indeed, this classic strawberry banana smoothie is hard to beat! 🙂