Healthy Egg Muffins
Busy mornings? Many of us tend to skip breakfast because it is either we simply don’t have the time to cook early in the morning or we do not know what to make. And that leaves you and your family members starving the whole morning and don’t have the energy to be productive at school or office. No worries, we got your back! With this healthy, delicious egg muffin recipe that we are about to share with you, you will no longer have to leave the house hungry in the morning.
So, what’s up with egg muffins? Well, first of all, they are very healthy – one of the healthiest breakfast items to be honest. Our egg muffins contain turkey bacon, baby spinach, and, of course, eggs – all of which will definitely keep you going all day long. Second, the steps in making these breakfast muffins are quite straightforward. You can even make a big batch of them at once and keep in your fridge so that all you have to do each morning (for up to a week) is to reheat them.Print
These delicious and healthy egg muffins can be made in advance. They are packed with baby spinach and turkey bacon, making each one of them soooo yummy! Eat them with some toast, yogurt, and coffee, and you will have a ‘big’ breakfast for yourself!
3 slices turkey bacon
1 small yellow onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
2 cups chopped baby spinach
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Cook turkey bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy. Drain on a plate lined with a paper towel then crumble.
- Cook onion and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until soft. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted.
- Whisk eggs, milk, paprika, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in cooked vegetable mixture, turkey bacon, and mozzarella.
- Pour mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Let cool. Store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to eat.
- To grease the muffin tin, you can utilize coconut or avocado cooking spray.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
With these healthy egg muffins, you can certainly start your day right. You can make them in advance if you want hassle-free weekday mornings. All you have to do is to reheat your muffins and pair them with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Say goodbye to elaborate breakfast recipes!
You are also free to add more spinach to your muffins if you want to. That’s one way of increasing the nutritional value of this breakfast recipe. You can never go wrong with spinach!