Smoked Salmon Crostini
Smoked Salmon Crostini are a popular appetizer. They can also be served as a snack, and they are sure to impress. This dish is made with ricotta cheese, fresh herbs, smoked salmon, and lemon juice. It’s beautiful and delicious, indeed. So if you are planning for a party, Smoked Salmon Crostini will never let you down. It only takes a few minutes and basic ingredients for you to make this healthy and savory snack.
For this recipe, fresh herbs play a vital role. All you have to do is to wash them thoroughly and finely chop them using a sharp knife. Just a friendly reminder, though; do not chop them too far ahead of time or you will end up using ‘brown’ herbs. As for the salmon, wild-caught smoked salmon is the best option as it has the best flavor, texture, and color. The fina-style ricotta cheese is another must-have for this dish. It has a beautiful texture, plus it blends well with smoked salmon and fresh herbs.Print
Smoked Salmon Crostini
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
These Smoked Salmon Crostini are healthy and savory. They are complex in taste and texture, but they are so simple to make. Simply find the best fresh herbs, smoked salmon, and ricotta cheese, and you’ll have a delightful snack that you can share with your friends and family.
1 French baguette
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
15 oz. ricotta cheese (opt for the fina-style if possible)
2 tbsp. chives (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. parsley (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. dill (finely chopped)
1/2 lemon (juiced)
4 ounces of wild-caught smoked salmon
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the French baguette on an angle (1/4-inch slices) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil over each baguette slice. You can also drizzle the olive oil if you don’t have a pastry brush.
- Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip together the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the smoked salmon into baguette slice-sized portions.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture over each baguette slice. Top with a slice of smoked salmon. Garnish with a small sprig of dill.
- Serve with extra lemon.
- When placing the French baguette on the baking sheet, you can lay them close together but don’t have them overlap.
- If you are making this dish ahead of time, make sure to refrigerate the ricotta mixture and place the cooled baguette slices in a plastic bag until you are ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
There you go with a quick and impressive appetizer or snack that you can put together in less than half an hour. Salmon is adorable and it is one of the healthiest types of fish that you can indulge in, so it would be nice to incorporate it into various dishes.
These Smoked Salmon Crostini are a must-try!