Quick and Easy Vegetable Pilaf
I love rice. Sometimes, people ask me why. Well, rice is filling. Yes, it has a bland taste, but it is just a matter of being creative with it. What makes a huge difference is what you mix with it. Now, this Quick and Easy Vegetable Pilaf is to die for. It is super easy to make but it sure is full of flavors. Delicious!
What’s more? It is cheap and it is ready in just a few minutes. You won’t have to worry about complicated ingredients either. In fact, you probably already have the ingredients sitting on your counter or in your pantry.
This rice pilaf is versatile. You can have it as a side dish for just about anything. Or, you can keep it simple and eat it alone. It is excellent on its own. If you are a vegetarian, this right here is a good addition to your collection of recipes.Print
This Quick and Easy Vegetable Pilaf is a must-try. It is packed with lots of amazing flavors. You can eat it on its own or you can have it as a side dish. It goes well with almost anything.
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 stalks celery
1 medium carrot
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
2 c. vegetable stock
1 cup parboiled rice
a handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
- Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrots to a food processor and process until finely chopped but not minced.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped vegetables and then season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the vegetable stock, bay leaf, and parsley. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low heat.
- Cover and cook for about 15 to 18 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- Remove from heat, let it set for about 5 minutes, and then discard the bay leaf.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
- This recipe requires converted or parboiled rice. If you are in the United States, you can use Uncle Bens Converted Rice or Golden Canilla Parboiled Rice. If you are in the United Kingdom, you should be able to find Uncle Bens Long Grain Rice. Be careful not to get the quick-cook version.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
For better results, do not use quick-cook or instant rice. Brown rice won’t work well either. You can actually use any long-grain rice just as long as you follow the instructions on the packaging especially when it comes to the rice-liquid ratio as well as the cooking time.
Another important thing that you must remember is never to skip letting the rice set once it is cooked. This should allow the moisture to continue seeping into the rice.
Like what we have said earlier, this Quick and Easy Vegetable Pilaf is the perfect side dish for almost anything.