Baked Feta Pasta
Pasta is good for a snack, lunch, or dinner. It’s just a matter of choosing a recipe that is easy enough to prepare without compromising the taste and, of course, the nutritional value. So today, we are going to feature a simple pasta dish that is fuss-free but the flavor is magical. It is something that you can easily make for lunch. If you love a salty and cheesy flavor, then this recipe is definitely for you.
Baked Feta Pasta…
Have you had it before? With just a handful of ingredients, you can put this dish together in just about half an hour. It is bursting with cherry tomatoes. But guess what? The real magic happens in the oven. Yes, this pasta recipe is magical, that is why it went viral, so much so that there was a time when most grocery stores ran out of feta cheese! Now, it’s about time you give it a try! It’s worth the effort, I promise you! 🙂Print
This Baked Feta Pasta recipe is so simple but very flavorful. The secret? Roasting a block of feta cheese along with lots of cherry tomatoes in the oven. Salty, cheesy, delicious…..and magical!
8 ounces pasta of choice
2 pints cherry tomatoes
Block (8 oz) of feta cheese
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 c. packed chopped fresh basil (add more for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes in an oven-safe baking dish and then pour the olive oil on top. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the block of feta cheese in the middle of the baking dish. Surround it with cherry tomatoes. Flip the cheese a few times to coat it with the oil as well as the seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the cheese melts and the cherry tomatoes burst.
- To cook the pasta, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, following the instructions indicated on the packaging.
- Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining just in case you want to add some to the pasta later on.
- Once the cheese and tomatoes are ready, add the garlic and basil immediately.
- Toss everything to combine. Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Garnish with more fresh basil if desired.
- Serve warm.
- For best results, I suggest you follow the recipe as is. You can use any pasta that you want, even the gluten-free version. If you do not have cherry tomatoes, you can utilize regular whole tomatoes or canned diced tomatoes.
There you go with the best Baked Feta Pasta recipe. You will then realize why it became trending. There is really something so special about this pasta dish. Who could resist bursting juicy sweet cherry tomatoes? Not to mention the melted feta cheese. Uhhhmm…it is so good! Be it for lunch, dinner, or even an afternoon snack, this right here is like a dream meal come true! 🙂