This Quick and Easy Vegetable Pilaf is a must-try. It is packed with lots of amazing flavors. You can eat it on its own or you can have it as a side dish. It goes well with almost anything.
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 stalks celery
1 medium carrot
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
2 c. vegetable stock
1 cup parboiled rice
a handful of fresh parsley (chopped)
- Add the chopped onion, celery, and carrots to a food processor and process until finely chopped but not minced.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped vegetables and then season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the vegetable stock, bay leaf, and parsley. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low heat.
- Cover and cook for about 15 to 18 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- Remove from heat, let it set for about 5 minutes, and then discard the bay leaf.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
- This recipe requires converted or parboiled rice. If you are in the United States, you can use Uncle Bens Converted Rice or Golden Canilla Parboiled Rice. If you are in the United Kingdom, you should be able to find Uncle Bens Long Grain Rice. Be careful not to get the quick-cook version.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes