Delicious Pineapple Pie
Fresh pineapple is delicious on its own. This tropical fruit is very refreshing. Not only that, it is also an excellent source of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, copper, folate, as well as manganese. It offers significant health benefits. According to studies, eating pineapple can help boost your immune system, aid in weight loss, promote healthy digestion and bones, fight diseases, and many more. With all that said, it would be an excellent idea to incorporate pineapple into your diet.
Although fresh pineapple is good, you can also have it as the main ingredient of some dessert recipes like this Pineapple Pie. It is so delicious and bursting with flavors that everybody will surely love. It is also super easy to make and you are free to make it all year round. You can proudly serve it on holidays or special occasions. It will surely be the star!Print
This delicious pineapple pie is a guaranteed winner. With its golden crust and luscious pineapple custard mixture, it’s like a dessert made in heaven. It is the perfect tropical dessert!
1 9-inch deep-dish pie crust (baked and cooled)
1/2 c. extra fine granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. crushed pineapple
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 egg whites (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tbsp. extra fine granulated sugar
- Combine sugar, egg yolks, salt, cornstarch, and milk in a double broiler.
- Heat on medium-high with water at the bottom of the double broiler. Whisk the egg yolk mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes or until thick and the texture is custardy.
- Once the mixture is thick enough, remove it from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes. Add the crushed pineapple as well as the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled pie shell.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites for about 45 seconds and add the cream of tartar and sugar.
- At medium-high speed, whisk for about 10 minutes or until the meringue is smooth and stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the pineapple pie, covering the entire top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the top is slightly browned.
- Let cool for about an hour (on the counter) before transferring to the fridge. Chill for at least 6 hours.
- Make sure to drain the crushed pineapple very well.
- You can also chill your pineapple pie overnight.
There you go with a tasty pineapple pie recipe. If you are unable to go on vacation in a tropical place anytime soon because of the coronavirus outbreak, at least you will have a delicious tropical dessert at home. To me, it is the perfect way to end a summer dinner meal. But, of course, you can still make it all year round. Oh so yummy! I myself will never get tired of eating this super delicious pineapple pie.