These Smoked Salmon Crostini are healthy and savory. They are complex in taste and texture, but they are so simple to make. Simply find the best fresh herbs, smoked salmon, and ricotta cheese, and you’ll have a delightful snack that you can share with your friends and family.
1 French baguette
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
15 oz. ricotta cheese (opt for the fina-style if possible)
2 tbsp. chives (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. parsley (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. dill (finely chopped)
1/2 lemon (juiced)
4 ounces of wild-caught smoked salmon
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the French baguette on an angle (1/4-inch slices) and place them on a baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush olive oil over each baguette slice. You can also drizzle the olive oil if you don’t have a pastry brush.
- Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip together the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and chopped herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the smoked salmon into baguette slice-sized portions.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture over each baguette slice. Top with a slice of smoked salmon. Garnish with a small sprig of dill.
- Serve with extra lemon.
- When placing the French baguette on the baking sheet, you can lay them close together but don’t have them overlap.
- If you are making this dish ahead of time, make sure to refrigerate the ricotta mixture and place the cooled baguette slices in a plastic bag until you are ready to serve.