Lasagna is a very popular dish and is such a crowd-pleaser. It is so flavorful and filling, plus it is very flexible. The recipe has been passed on from one generation to another. Be it a birthday party, game night, or just an ordinary day, many people would go for a plate of lasagna. So if you are wondering what to make for tonight, you should try making this Slow Cooker Lasagna.
But wait, slow cooker? Yes, that’s right. Making your favorite lasagna has been made much easier with the use of an amazing piece of cooking equipment – the SLOW COOKER. I know we have featured several dishes before that can be made using this equipment also known as a crockpot. Since it utilizes low temperature for cooking, it brings out the best flavors in foods. So when you use it to make your lasagna, you can be sure that it’s going to be so good. And, yes, you can even utilize uncooked lasagna noodles. How cool is that? 🙂
With just a little bit of preparation, you can make THE best lasagna using your slow cooker.Print
With a slow cooker, your favorite lasagna can now be made so much easier. You won’t have to wait for the weekend to come before you make a huge batch. It’s super delicious, and it’s the best way to enjoy an authentic Italian recipe.
1 lb. lean ground beef
12 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
1 onion (chopped)
2 tsp garlic (minced)
29 ounces tomato sauce
6 ounces tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano
12 ounces cottage cheese
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the ground beef along with the onion and garlic until brown in a large skillet.
- Add the tomato paste and sauce as well as dried oregano and salt. Stir well and cook until heated through.
- Combine the cottage cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of your slow cooker and then add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top the noodles with some of the cheese mixture.
- Add another layer of the sauce, noodles, and cheese until all ingredients are used.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the lasagna on low setting for about 4 to 6 hours.
- Break the uncooked lasagna noodles if needed to fit the slow cooker.
Lasagna is one of the most popular and delicious meals of all time, so with the help of a slow cooker, you can make it even on weekdays. Once all ingredients are prepared and assembled in your slow cooker, you can actually go and probably run some errands. You won’t have to sit there and wait for it to be cooked. That’s one of the biggest benefits of using this equipment. If you haven’t bought one yet, it’s about time you invest in one. 🙂