Quick and Easy Mac-‘N-Cheese
The last thing that you would want to do when you get home from work is to spend long hours cooking something for dinner. All you want is to get supper done and over with. But this does not mean resorting to cup noodles. With this quick and easy mac-‘n-cheese recipe that we are about to share, you can still enjoy a sumptuous dinner with your family.
Wait, what a minute. Mac-‘n-cheese? Isn’t that expensive and difficult to make? NOT AT ALL if you are wise!
If you are going to a restaurant that serves mac and cheese with all the fancy cheeses in the world, you’d spend about 50 bucks, easy. And to tell you the truth, expensive cheese isn’t always the best tasting there is. There are so many affordable brands out there that allow you to indulge in the creaminess of this recipe without breaking the bank. And you won’t have to spend an hour trying to figure out how to put together the ingredients either.
Mac-‘n-cheese is classic. Kids and adults love it. It’s an incredible dinner recipe that can be made in just a matter of minutes!Print
A quick and easy version of the mac-‘n-cheese recipe – a staple of the American cuisine.
8 oz. elbow macaroni
2 cups of milk
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Add a little bit of salt to a large pot of water and bring to boil.
- Cook elbow macaroni for about 8 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved. Drain.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and wait until it melts all the way.
- Add flour as well as salt and pepper.
- Pour milk into the mixture. Continue to stir until it gets smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
- Pour the sauce over elbow macaroni and mix well.
When cooking the elbow macaroni in boiling water, it is important to stir occasionally. As for the cheese, you can add more if you want.
Also, pay attention after you pour the milk as the mixture can burn easily.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American
- It is highly recommended that you utilize high-quality aged cheddar cheese as this will provide a richer, cheesy taste. It will give a smoother texture as well.
- Freshly grated cheese melts better than store-bought pre-shredded cheese. Grate the cheese when you are ready to make the recipe so you can ensure that it will coat the elbow macaroni evenly.
- When trying to melt the cheese, do not rush. Use low heat.
Can You Bake It?
After adding the sauce to the elbow macaroni, you can actually serve it. However, you also have the option to bake it for a little bit if you want.
Mac-‘n-cheese can be served during lunch, dinner, or snack time. You can make a huge batch and store it in the fridge or freezer. When you are ready to eat, simply heat in the microwave or bake it.
Everybody loves mac-‘n-cheese. And it doesn’t have to cost you a lot to enjoy this recipe. Be smart when choosing the ingredients, particularly the cheese, so you can ensure that you’ll end up with a delicious meal. Feel free to add extra toppings too, such as bacon bits, extra cheese, or bread crumbs.