A quick and easy version of the mac-‘n-cheese recipe – a staple of the American cuisine.
8 oz. elbow macaroni
2 cups of milk
2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Add a little bit of salt to a large pot of water and bring to boil.
- Cook elbow macaroni for about 8 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved. Drain.
- Put the saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and wait until it melts all the way.
- Add flour as well as salt and pepper.
- Pour milk into the mixture. Continue to stir until it gets smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese and allow it to melt.
- Pour the sauce over elbow macaroni and mix well.
When cooking the elbow macaroni in boiling water, it is important to stir occasionally. As for the cheese, you can add more if you want.
Also, pay attention after you pour the milk as the mixture can burn easily.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: American