Many are into lemons because of their health benefits to the body. While a lot of people are taking lemons to lose weight and detoxify, there are still many of us who are not taking advantage of this natural remedy. The reason must be the excessively sour taste of this fruit.
Finding ways to take this fruit for its immense health benefits is a wise thing to do. Natural remedies are safer and more affordable. So, if you cannot take fresh lemon juice with even small drops in your cup of water, lemon bars can be one option to consider.
Most of us must have had lemon bars while growing up. But we may not know that it is so easy to make them. We also do not know that they can be made using only 5 ingredients and that we can have this glorious dessert with only 55 minutes to spare. And with that 55 minutes, we can be sitting down only for most of the time, doing nothing but wait for the lemon bars to be cooked. The cooking time for lemon bars is approximately 40 minutes. This means we only have 15 minutes to exert effort.Print
This recipe for making lemon bars may be more straightforward than other recipes but rest assured that the taste and quality are not compromised. For sure, you will be making lemon bars that will suit everyone’s taste buds.
1 c. of softened butter
½ c. of white sugar
2 c. of all-purpose flour
4 pcs. of eggs
¼ c. of all-purpose flour
1 ½ c. of white sugar
2 pcs. of lemon, juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a handheld mixer, mix softened butter, 2 cups flour, and ½ cup sugar in a medium-sized bowl until completely blended. Spread the mixture in an ungreased 9 x 13-inch pan and press. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Put the remaining 1 ½ cup of sugar and ¼ cup of all-purpose flour in another bowl and whisk. Add the eggs and lemon juice and continue whisking until all are blended together. Pour this mixture over the baked crust.
- Bake for another 20 minutes. Leave the bars to cool and firm up. After cooling, you can now slice and serve.
- To create a more exciting tray of your dessert, you can use lime instead of lemon in another pan.
- You can add a tinge of green food coloring on the lime so it will add more color while adding yellow food coloring on the lemon juice.
- Arrange the bars alternately on the tray after slicing them.
Lemon bars are perfect for desserts. They can squash off the greasiness that seems to be stuck in our oral cavity down to our voice box after a dinner of fatty dishes. Some meals may also leave lasting aftertastes that can be very uncomfortable. After a sweet and citrusy dessert of lemon bar, all the uneasiness of a greasy dinner can all be gone.