Filet Mignon With Rosemary
Filet mignon is one of the most popular cuts of beef. In fact, it is regarded as the king of steaks because of its melt-in-your-mouth texture as well as its tenderness. And, no, you don’t need to cook it in a very fancy way. The simple, the better.
Since filet mignon is the best, you can expect that it comes with a hefty price tag, especially if you are ordering it from a steakhouse. But why do that if you can actually cook it at home? Make sure you do it right, though, so you will get to enjoy your meal. And, of course, to get your money’s worth.
It is not that hard to cook filet mignon. As long as you know the right temperature and timing, you should be able to achieve medium-rare, medium, or medium-well without any problem.
Below is a very simple, but very delicious filet mignon recipe. It comes with chopped rosemary. The whole thing can be made in just 30 minutes. As quick as that! But again, be extra careful when it comes to the temperature. You sure don’t want to burn a premium filet mignon and let your money go to waste.Print
A filet mignon with rosemary, butter, salt, and pepper is incomparable. Tender, juicy, flavorful, and really delicious!
4 filet mignon
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season both sides of the meat with salt and pepper.
- When the oil is hot enough, add steak and sear for about 5 minutes.
- Flip and add rosemary and butter.
- Pour butter over steak and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put the skillet to the oven and cook depending on the doneness that you want. For instance, if you want your steak medium, put it in the oven for about 5 minutes. You can always check it every 2 minutes to see if it’s cooked. Doing so will also help avoid getting it burnt or overcooked.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool a little bit.
You can serve the steak sliced or as is.
- Cuisine: American
Easy enough? The entire process should only take you about 30 minutes. Yes, that’s right! In just half an hour, you’ll get to enjoy the best steak ever!
Skillet to Use
It is highly recommended that you utilize a cast-iron skillet. But if you don’t have one, no worries, you can use any skillet as long as it is safe to put into the oven.
A well-seared filet mignon would have a salty crust. So how can you achieve that? You have to make sure that the skillet is really hot and the oil is almost smoking before you add the steak. It should take more or less 5 minutes on each side to get a good sear.
So there’s how you cook filet mignon with rosemary. You can eat it with gravy or A-1 sauce. It all depends on what you like. And to complete your meal, serve it with French fries, veggies, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!