Extra Creamy Chocolate Truffles
If you are a chocolate lover, there is no way you haven’t had chocolate truffles yet before. You probably bought them from the store. But did you know that this masterpiece doesn’t really have to come from a shop? They can come from your own kitchen!
That’s right. You can make chocolate truffles at home and make them extra creamy. Uhmmmm, yummy! These balls with chocolate coating or dusting will definitely melt in your mouth! Another great dessert, and you can perfect making them in no time as long as you closely follow the instructions below.
First of all, what are chocolate truffles?
Well, these are bite-sized chocolate confections made from the mixture of warmed cream and melted chocolate – what we call ‘ganache’. Once the mixture is cool enough, roll it in balls and coat them with chocolate powder. You can also use cocoa powder or even chopped nuts. There are so many things that you can utilize for coating.
They are a breeze to make! Aside from an after-dinner dessert, you can also give them to your relatives, friends, and neighbors as a gift, especially during the holidays.
Ready to learn more about how to make extra creamy truffles, check this out:
This masterpiece gives chocolate lovers more reasons to rejoice. All you need is high-quality chocolate and your favorite coating!
6 oz baking chocolate bars (semisweet)
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chop the chocolate bars into little pieces.
- Heat the cream in the microwave or stovetop and stir in butter.
- Pour the heated cream over the tiny pieces of chocolate until the ganache is formed.
- Whisk until smooth and shiny.
- Put the ganache in a shallow dish and let it cool in the fridge. This should take about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll into balls and dip in tempered chocolate.
Truffles are sticky to roll so you can either wear gloves or coat your hand in cocoa powder. When chopping the chocolate bars, using a serrated knife will make the job easier.
If it is your first time making chocolate truffles, you will most likely run into little issues. But no worries, these mishaps can easily be addressed.
Here are additional tips:
- To make sure that the chocolate will melt easily, make sure to chop them into tiny pieces, very fine. The smaller they are, the easier it would be to melt them. Also, see to it that the cream is simmering before you pour it into the chocolate.
- Use pure chocolate so the ganache will thicken easily.
- Avoid using half-and-half as this will only cause the truffles not to set right.
- If you want more flavor to your chocolate truffles, you can add a little bit of vanilla extract.
Looking at the creatively topped chocolate truffles at the stores, you may think that they are hard to make. But really, it’s not! You only need a few ingredients. The most important part is for you to follow the recipe, particularly the ratio. This will ensure that you will end up with the creamiest chocolate truffles ever!