Human beings have been eating yogurt since many centuries ago. Yes, it is quite popular because of its rich and creamy taste. But that doesn’t stop there. This breakfast staple is very nutritious. That is why more and more companies are offering a variety of yogurt these days. It is highly in demand. In the United States, if you take a look at each shopping cart, a majority of them have yogurt.
However, if you are a fan of this dairy product yourself, and it is always part of your grocery list, do you have any idea how much money you are spending on this item alone? Do the math. It’s a lot of money! But don’t worry, I’m not saying that you should stop eating yogurt. What I’m trying to say is, why not make your own yogurt at home?
That’s very much possible! And trust me, you’ll save hundreds of dollars doing this over time.
Haven’t made yogurt before? No worries, we got you! Below is a very simple recipe for the creamiest homemade yogurt ever. You can enjoy this food item every morning from here on out without spending a lot.Print
Enjoy all the impressive health benefits of homemade yogurt by following this incredibly easy recipe. With lots of toppings to choose from, you and your family can have yogurt every morning!
2 quarts of milk
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Put the milk into a pot and wait until it is getting ready to simmer and you can already see bubbles forming on the edges. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the milk cool a little bit.
- Get about 1/2 cup of the warm milk. Put it in a bowl and add the plain yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Put yogurt-milk mixture into the pot and stir. Make sure it is fully covered. Let it sit for about 5 hours to ensure that it gets thick and tangy.
- Put the pot into the fridge and chill for 2 to 3 hours. This should help make it thicker.
- Stir in any flavorings or toppings before serving.
You can also add 1/4 cup of heavy cream if you want. For the plain yogurt, you can make your own too. But if you find it more convenient to use one from the store, make sure to choose something that tastes good. It’s important to utilize one that is unsweetened and contains live cultures.
Take note that yogurt needs to incubate for AT LEAST 5 hours. In fact, some people even let it sit for up to 12 hours or overnight. This process will make the final yogurt thicker and more tart. You should also not disturb it during the incubation period.
Yogurt contains lots of nutrients that your body needs. It’s high in protein and it is very helpful in boosting your immunity. Studies show that it can even help prevent osteoporosis. It also promotes heart health and weight management.
Looking at the recipe above, making creamy homemade yogurt only requires two basic ingredients. And if you want to add some flavors to it, you have lots of options as well. For best results, top your yogurt with fresh fruits like strawberries, nuts, or blueberries.