Enjoy all the impressive health benefits of homemade yogurt by following this incredibly easy recipe. With lots of toppings to choose from, you and your family can have yogurt every morning!
2 quarts of milk
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Put the milk into a pot and wait until it is getting ready to simmer and you can already see bubbles forming on the edges. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the milk cool a little bit.
- Get about 1/2 cup of the warm milk. Put it in a bowl and add the plain yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Put yogurt-milk mixture into the pot and stir. Make sure it is fully covered. Let it sit for about 5 hours to ensure that it gets thick and tangy.
- Put the pot into the fridge and chill for 2 to 3 hours. This should help make it thicker.
- Stir in any flavorings or toppings before serving.
You can also add 1/4 cup of heavy cream if you want. For the plain yogurt, you can make your own too. But if you find it more convenient to use one from the store, make sure to choose something that tastes good. It’s important to utilize one that is unsweetened and contains live cultures.