Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake
Many people are hesitant to make a cake at home, especially those who are new to the world of baking. They think that cakes are complicated, and they are afraid to fail. But the truth is, there are various cake recipes out there that are very easy to follow. One good example is this Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe.
Have you had a bundt cake before? If not, here is a brief description:
Put simply, it is a type of cake that is baked in a special pan known as “Bundt”. Hence, the name “Bundt Cake”. It is the pan that gives this treat its unique and charming shape – a distinctive doughnut shape. Just so you know, though, bundt cakes do not conform to a single recipe. There are countless recipes available for this cake. What matters most really is the shape, which the pan provides. Aside from the fluted or grooved sides, it also has a hole in the center, which makes it look more interesting. You can also top or design it with anything from drizzles to tiny fruits to add more to its appeal.
With the versatility of Bundt Cakes, there is no doubt that you can easily pull one together. Even amateur bakers can make one.
This Classic Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe will give you a high-rising, golden brown, and elegant-looking dessert. You can serve it all on its own or top it with fresh berries.
1 1/2 cups butter (softened)
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cooking spray for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy in a large bowl. You can use either a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add eggs one a time followed by vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix half of the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Pour in milk and add the remaining dry ingredients.
- Once the batter is ready, pour it in a bundt pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes.
- Invert onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
To test if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is baked.
Do you want your bundt cake to come with a glaze, too? You would need 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 5 tablespoons whole milk, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Simply whisk together all the ingredients and pour over the cake.
Another option is to fill the middle with fresh berries. This right here would make your dessert a lot healthier. It is perfect to have after dinner. Or if you are one who loves to have afternoon tea or coffee, this cake would be an excellent partner.