Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Bacon and cheese are popular breakfast food items. All you need to do is to be creative when using them. Aside from omelette, you can also make use of these ingredients to make a quiche.
What is quiche? This is a French tart made with a pastry crust and usually filled with custard, cheese, meat, seafood, and vegetables. As you can see, it is quite versatile. You can add a lot of things to it, especially vegetables, if you want it to be healthier. You can easily change it up according to what fixings you have on hand.
From breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or even a snack, this versatile dish is an excellent option. It can provide you with a lot of protein, which your body needs to stay strong all day long.
This easy breakfast quiche is not only super tasty but also very easy to make. Yes, it’s easy peasy! If you are utilizing a pre-made crust, you can have a delicious breakfast meal in under an hour. There is no need to rush in making something savory early in the morning.Print
This bacon and cheese quiche makes a great breakfast meal, even when serving a crowd. It is best served still hot or warm. It is filling, savory, and loaded with delicious flavors. It is also quite versatile, so you have the freedom to add pretty much anything to it.
1 pie crust (softened as directed on the box)
1 c. milk
4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
1/2 c. cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1/3 c. parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the softened pie crust on a shallow-sided 9-inch glass pie plate and put it inside the oven. Make sure to crimp the edges before you do so.
- Add the bacon and cheeses to the bottom of the pie crust.
- Mix the milk, eggs, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the bacon and cheese in the crust.
- Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the quiche to set for about 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- It is highly recommended that you double fold the edges of the crust before crimping it.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
This bacon and cheese quiche is a sure hit on the breakfast table. Since you are using a pre-made crust, all you have to do is to mix, pour, and bake. That’s it! You will then have a fancy-looking breakfast meal that you can proudly share with your family members as well as your friends.
Like we have said earlier, this dish is versatile. If you have some leftover meat or vegetables from last night, you can certainly throw them into your quiche. Nobody would say no to the combination of a buttery crust, bacon, and cheese.
Tip: I suggest you pick a pie dish that is more flat than deep because deep pie dishes are harder to cook through.