Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Thinking about how to make this day more memorable will surely lead you to decide what to cook for this special day. Of course, you can just reserve a seat for two in your favorite restaurant, but cooking Valentine’s Cupcakes can be the best way to meet your hubby at the dining table at breakfast. You can also have them for snacks with your afternoon coffee. But for sure, they will be best when you have them for dessert at a candle-lit dinner in your favorite spot at home.Print
Undoubtedly, everyone will not allow to let Valentine’s Day pass without spending some precious moments with their loved ones. Never mind going to crowded restaurants. You will be up for many distractions anyway. Bake this Valentine’s Cupcake and have it for dessert. You will be safer at home while enjoying this special day.
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup of whole milk
Sweet Vanilla Frosting:
2 sticks butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
½ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk flour together with baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, toss in butter and sugar and beat using an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. While mixing, slowly add milk and flour mixture in an alternate fashion. Be mindful to end with milk.
- Line 2 cupcake pans (12 capacity) with Valentine’s Day paper liners. Fill each liner 2/3 full. Bake to about 18 -20 minutes or when a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove pans from the oven and let them cool completely.
- While cooling the cupcakes, you can prepare the vanilla frosting. Toss in butter and a few cups of sugar in a large bowl. Beat together until combined completely. Slowly add in an alternate fashion the remaining sugar and wet ingredients while mixing until fluffy.
- By using a spatula or butter knife, frost the cupcake by spreading Sweet Vanilla Frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles and candy hearts.
- You can make the color of the frosting darker (red) if you want.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
You will surely get a hug or a kiss or even more than that from your hubby when you bake this delicious and eye-catching Valentine’s Day dessert. Because this recipe can bake 2 dozens of cupcakes, you can actually share it with everyone else in the family to remind them that they are loved.
Valentine’s Day will still push through despite the pandemic. It may be best to celebrate this special occasion with our loved ones in the comfort of our homes. With red balloons and other decorations to boot, your Valentine’s Day this year will surely be remembered with fondness.
While Valentine’s Day is still weeks away, practice this recipe a couple of times. This will ensure that you have the perfect Valentine’s Cupcakes on February 14.