Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta
If you are a person who is always on the move, this pasta recipe is perfect for you. You only need to spare about 30 minutes to have a satisfied tummy until your next meal. To prepare this meal, you only have to go through some straightforward procedures. They are pretty simple that you do not need to be a kitchen pro.
This recipe has also a handful of ingredients. Some of them may be available in your backyard. The others are surely in your cabinet because you use them every time in other recipes. You may only drop by at the grocery after work for a pack of pasta and Parmesan cheese. With this recipe, you can be assured that you have an energizing meal that is not only easy to prepare but is also affordable.
This easy-to-prepare pasta recipe is a healthy respite from all the cholesterol-rich meals you have been taking for a week. Despite practically having tomatoes and garlic as primary ingredients other than the pasta, you can have an ample dose of vitamins C and K, potassium and folate, and a lot of antioxidants. You can even make it healthier by choosing gluten-free pasta. Using flavorful avocado oil, fresh basil for garnishing, and Parmesan cheese as toppings, this recipe is surely excellent for dinner.
1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
2 pints of cherry tomatoes, cut the larger ones in half
3–4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 – 1/2 cup of basil, chopped or thinly sliced
Cooking the pasta:
- Cook pasta in boiling water, a minute or less than package instructions.
- Drain but keep 1 cup of pasta water.
- Leave pasta in the pan to continue the cooking process.
Making the sauce:
- Start making the sauce while cooking the noodles. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir. Toss in the tomatoes.
- While cooking, press some of the tomatoes to release their juices. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the rest of the tomatoes have softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Bring the pan of tomatoes back to medium-high heat.
- Add pasta and toss in basil leaves.
- Pour pasta water little by little until sauce is brought together.
- Season and taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan.
- This recipe may not seem so appealing if you want meat in your meal. But this recipe is flexible. You can toss in any meat of your choice. Chicken, beef, venison, or pork, and even thin bits of bacon can do. You can use your creativity to make this meal compliment your taste.
The time and effort to prepare for dinner can sometimes be the reason we go to fast foods or restaurants. Knowing how to cook simple recipes like Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta can assure you of a healthy, yet delectable dinner before going to bed.