Beef burgers are popular. They are delicious, and there’s no question about that. But if you want to have something different for lunch, you can also try a chicken burger. Although these items can be conveniently picked up from the different fast-food chains, making your own still proves to be the best option. Firstly, you will be able to save some money. Secondly, which I always say, preparing your own meals gives you the freedom to choose the ingredients and make your food a lot healthier.
Imagine having a bite of a burger filled with ultra-crispy fried chicken, you will get to enjoy the crunchiness, not to mention the bursting flavor. This recipe that we are about to show you involves chicken that is crispy on the outside but super tender and juicy on the inside. Add some honey mustard coleslaw, lettuce, onions, and cheese, and you’ll have the best chicken burger ever! You can even eat it with French fries.
It’s the crispiness of the chicken that brings more excitement to this recipe. Therefore, it is important that you pay close attention to how you bread and fry the chicken. To guide you all the way, here are the ingredients and instructions:Print
This Ultra-Crispy Fried Chicken Burger recipe is far better than your traditional takeout. With the crunchiness of the meat and the flavor that the toppings provide, your lunch meal would be better than ever!
4 chicken breast – skinless and boneless (sliced into thick strips)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each white pepper and garlic salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt and celery salt
1 teaspoon each dried thyme, paprika, baking powder, and chili flakes
Honey Mustard Coleslaw
1 medium carrot
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon each dijon mustard and honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
a pinch of black pepper
4 slices of cheese
4 buns (toasted)
1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- Marinate the chicken with a mixture of salt, garlic salt, and buttermilk. Put in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat about 1 liter of vegetable oil in a large pan on low heat. You can also utilize an electric deep fryer if you have one.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coating ingredients and coat each piece of chicken.
- Check if the oil is hot enough. If it is, start adding the chicken. Work in batches if needed to ensure that all of them will be deep. fried.
- Make the honey mustard coleslaw while frying the chicken. The cabbage and carrots should be sliced thinly. Using a separate bowl, combine them with mayonnaise, honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and black pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
- To assemble your burger, arrange the fried chicken and top with cheese. Put on top of the oven for about 2 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
- On each bottom of the buns, put some lettuce leaves followed by the chicken and cheese. Finally, top with red onions and coleslaw. Place the top bun and serve.
To make the chicken tastier, you can marinate it overnight. You can also make the coleslaw ahead of time.
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
The marination time for the chicken and refrigeration time for the coleslaw is not included in the preparation time, so it is highly recommended that you marinate the meat and make the coleslaw ahead of time, especially if you wish to make a huge batch. And besides, marinating the chicken for longer hours will give a better taste.
This ultra-crispy fried chicken burger with honey mustard coleslaw is another excellent recipe for lunch as well as dinner. Skinless chicken breasts are lean, so they are good for you. After frying them, you can remove the extra grease by dabbing each piece with a paper towel. Or, you can put a paper towel on a plate so it will absorb the oil from the fried chicken.