This Ultra-Crispy Fried Chicken Burger recipe is far better than your traditional takeout. With the crunchiness of the meat and the flavor that the toppings provide, your lunch meal would be better than ever!
4 chicken breast – skinless and boneless (sliced into thick strips)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each white pepper and garlic salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt and celery salt
1 teaspoon each dried thyme, paprika, baking powder, and chili flakes
Honey Mustard Coleslaw
1 medium carrot
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon each dijon mustard and honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
a pinch of black pepper
4 slices of cheese
4 buns (toasted)
1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- Marinate the chicken with a mixture of salt, garlic salt, and buttermilk. Put in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Heat about 1 liter of vegetable oil in a large pan on low heat. You can also utilize an electric deep fryer if you have one.
- In a medium bowl, mix the coating ingredients and coat each piece of chicken.
- Check if the oil is hot enough. If it is, start adding the chicken. Work in batches if needed to ensure that all of them will be deep. fried.
- Make the honey mustard coleslaw while frying the chicken. The cabbage and carrots should be sliced thinly. Using a separate bowl, combine them with mayonnaise, honey, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and black pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
- To assemble your burger, arrange the fried chicken and top with cheese. Put on top of the oven for about 2 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
- On each bottom of the buns, put some lettuce leaves followed by the chicken and cheese. Finally, top with red onions and coleslaw. Place the top bun and serve.
To make the chicken tastier, you can marinate it overnight. You can also make the coleslaw ahead of time.
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American