Thai Shrimp Curry
When talking about seafood, shrimp is definitely my favorite. Aside from it is super healthy, it is very delicious and easy to cook, too. I would swap out meat with shrimp in a heartbeat. That’s for sure! 🙂
I love adding shrimps to my pasta recipes, especially Seafood Marinara. I usually stir-fry shrimps with various vegetables as well, and I bet you do, too. But you know what else you can make with shrimps? Curry!
If you are anything like me and you like chicken or beef curry, then you will surely love shrimp curry as well. When it comes to spices, you can never underestimate the flavor of curry. It is soooo good and really addicting. You can follow the traditional Indian way of making this dish, which involves lots of spices. Or, you also have the option to keep it simple.
This Thai Shrimp Curry that we are talking about today is quite simple and it only takes about 20 to 30 minutes to make. It’s the perfect meal for those days when you are feeling lazy. 🙂 You can also cook white rice, and your meal would be complete. You can then say goodbye to takeouts or unnecessary trips to fancy restaurants.Print
This Thai Shrimp Curry recipe is the perfect choice if you want something quick and easy for dinner. Would you say no to healthy plump shrimps mixed with a rich curry sauce? Of course, not! You’d love it!
1 lb. medium shrimp (peeled)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 tbsp. each olive oil and fish sauce
3 tbsps. Thai red curry paste
1 c. chicken broth
1 can coconut milk (about 13 oz.)
1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
lime juice, salt, and pepper, to taste
chopped scallions, to taste
fresh cilantro and basil (chopped)
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and curry paste. Cook for no longer than 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Add the shrimp and red pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the shrimps are cooked through.
- Season with lime juice as well as salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro, basil, and scallions before serving.
- For the shrimps, you have the option to either leave the tails on or get rid of them.
- Once you have added the shrimp and red pepper, you should simmer it gently and avoid bringing it to a crazy boil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: Thai/Asian
Like what we have said earlier, this Thai Shrimp Curry is good to serve with white rice. And if you intend to do this, it is highly recommended that you make the rice before you cook the dish or while cooking, so that you won’t have to wait for a long time later on.
If you have noticed, this recipe requires coconut milk. That actually makes this dish stand out. The coconut milk makes the curry sauce a little creamy. You are also free to add more red pepper flakes if you want it to be spicier.