This Thai Shrimp Curry recipe is the perfect choice if you want something quick and easy for dinner. Would you say no to healthy plump shrimps mixed with a rich curry sauce? Of course, not! You’d love it!
1 lb. medium shrimp (peeled)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 tbsp. each olive oil and fish sauce
3 tbsps. Thai red curry paste
1 c. chicken broth
1 can coconut milk (about 13 oz.)
1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
lime juice, salt, and pepper, to taste
chopped scallions, to taste
fresh cilantro and basil (chopped)
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and curry paste. Cook for no longer than 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and fish sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Add the shrimp and red pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the shrimps are cooked through.
- Season with lime juice as well as salt and pepper.
- Add cilantro, basil, and scallions before serving.
- For the shrimps, you have the option to either leave the tails on or get rid of them.
- Once you have added the shrimp and red pepper, you should simmer it gently and avoid bringing it to a crazy boil.
- Cuisine: Thai/Asian