Grilled Tequila-Lime Flank Steak
Thinking of having something special for dinner? Be it a date night or you simply want to prepare a delightful meal for your friends or family, a steak would always be a great choice. Well, who could resist a good steak that melts in your mouth? NOBODY! 🙂
But the question is, how can you achieve a flavorful and mouth-watering steak? For one, it has something to do with the way you cook the meat. And, of course, what you marinate the steak with will also play a vital role. Personally, I love my steak with just salt, pepper, and lots of garlic. But trust me, there are a hundred more ways to prepare the meat. You know what else is good? Use tequila and lime for the marinade. Oh my, my mouth is watering with just the thought of it!
With this Grilled Tequila-Lime Flank Steak recipe, I am sure everybody will enjoy dinner. This might be just your new favorite to make steak! 🙂
Flank steak is lean and a little bit tough. But don’t worry, it is as good as the other cuts of beef. The marinade will tenderize it, making it more flavorful and irresistible! Try to cook it medium rare and you will see a huge difference. Be sure to slice it thinly, too, across the grain of the meat.
Take your steak to the next level by marinating it in a tequila lime mixture before grilling it to perfection. Oh, that beautiful, marinated flank steak will surely bring so much joy to the dinner table!
2 pounds flank steak
3 heads garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup Blanco tequila
3/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 jalapeno (sliced)
1 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Put the garlic, soy sauce, tequila, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper in a large gallon-sized bag.
- Add steak, seal the bag, and mix well to coat the meat. Put the mixture in the fridge and marinate it for 3 hours.
- Once the steak is marinated, preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the meat on the grill and cook each side for about 5 minutes (for medium-rare). You can cook it longer, depending on your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill, put it on the cutting board, and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the meat against the grain. Serve with reserved marinade and side dishes if desired.
- While grilling the steak, add marinade from the bag to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, strain, and reserve.
The best doneness for a flank steak is medium-rare.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
To complete your dinner meal, you can serve this Grilled Tequila-Lime Flank Steak with corn tortillas, radishes, ripe avocados (seeded and sliced), ripe tomatoes (sliced in wedges), and chopped fresh cilantro. You can also garnish it with freshly grated queso fresco cheese. You are free to serve it with hot sauce as well. This would make an excellent main course for dinner!