Take your steak to the next level by marinating it in a tequila lime mixture before grilling it to perfection. Oh, that beautiful, marinated flank steak will surely bring so much joy to the dinner table!
2 pounds flank steak
3 heads garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup Blanco tequila
3/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 jalapeno (sliced)
1 bunch fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Put the garlic, soy sauce, tequila, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, and black pepper in a large gallon-sized bag.
- Add steak, seal the bag, and mix well to coat the meat. Put the mixture in the fridge and marinate it for 3 hours.
- Once the steak is marinated, preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the meat on the grill and cook each side for about 5 minutes (for medium-rare). You can cook it longer, depending on your desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill, put it on the cutting board, and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the meat against the grain. Serve with reserved marinade and side dishes if desired.
- While grilling the steak, add marinade from the bag to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, strain, and reserve.
The best doneness for a flank steak is medium-rare.