French Spinach Quiche
Having a dinner party, and you don’t know exactly what to serve? For a change, you can serve a very healthy main course – French Spinach Quiche!
But first of all, what is a “quiche”?
Put simply, a quiche is a tart that consists of a pastry crust with cheese, seafood, meat, or vegetables. You can also combine these ingredients. But today, we are going to focus on cheese and vegetables.
We all know how healthy spinach is. Why do think it’s the favorite of Popeye, the Sailor Man? This green, leafy vegetable is high in nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K. It also contains manganese, iron, and manganese. It helps strengthen your bones, eyesight, as well as your immune system. It also repels bacteria and viruses, plus it aids in promoting heart health. Eating spinach can keep you energized as well.
This vegetable can be used in so many ways. And, yes, this time, it’s going to be the star of our quiche! There are many versions of spinach quiches, but for me, that of French is the best. It’s super delicious yet it is quite easy to make. If you want, you can also add other ingredients.Print
This French Spinach Quiche recipe would be good for a dinner party. You can even serve it for brunch or at any time of the day. It’s one of the most delicious and easy to make recipes that you can create on your own. With the combination of cheese, spinach, and a few other ingredients, you’d end up with something really impressive and healthy!
1 unbaked deep-dish pie crust (9-inch)
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
8 oz. shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 c. butter
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped)
4.5 oz. mushrooms (drained)
6 oz. packaged garlic feta and herb (crumbled)
1 c. milk
4 large eggs (beaten)
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute for about 5 minutes or until light brown. Add feta crumbs, spinach, mushrooms, and 1/2 c. of shredded cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper, and then spoon into the pie crust.
- Combine eggs and milk in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the crust and make sure that it mixes well with the spinach mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and then bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before finally serving.
You can also make this French Spinach Quiche using a rectangular crust, especially when making it for a party.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yes, you can! Once the baked French Spinach Quiche is cool enough, you can simply wrap it in plastic and a layer of aluminum foil and store it in the freezer. It should last up to 3 months. Now, when you want to eat, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for about 24 hours. Remove the wrap and reheat it in the oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure to cover the quiche with aluminum foil.