Deep-Fried Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno poppers are a very popular appetizer in a lot of restaurants. But really, you don’t have to dine in all the time to enjoy these little guys. You can make them in your own home. They make a fabulous snack for you and your family members. You can also serve them when hosting a party or game day gathering. They are crispy, cheesy, and spicy! Very delicious!
What’s Good About Jalapeno Peppers?
Jalapenos are commonly used in various Mexican dishes. These small chili peppers may come in red or green colors, and they are moderately spicy. And did you know that eating them has various health benefits, too?
For one, jalapenos are low in calories and high in fiber. So if you have just started on your weight loss journey, you should include them on your list. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants as well. According to studies, these chili peppers can help increase your metabolic rate, suppress your appetite, and improve your body’s ability to burn fat.
Certain experiments also show that jalapenos may aid in fighting cancer. They can serve as natural pain relievers, too. Plus, they can help prevent the development of stomach ulcers.
Furthermore, jalapenos support heart health. They can help fight inflammations and infections, too.
Here is how you can make deep-fried jalapeno poppers:Print
With these deep-fried jalapeno poppers, you’ll get to enjoy three delightful flavors: spicy, creamy, and cheesy. Their crispiness is a plus, too!
15 jalapeno peppers
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. cheddar cheese
1 c. each milk, all-purpose flour, and breadcrumbs
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and then remove the seeds.
- Combine cheddar and cream cheese. Make sure to mix well.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture and press the halves back together.
- Pour the milk into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Get another bowl and put the bread crumbs.
- Dip each pepper into the milk and then the flour mixture. Make sure to coat them completely, before setting on a waxed paper. Let them dry for about 15 minutes.
- Dip each pepper again into the milk followed by the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry for another 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer.
- Deep fry the breaded peppers for about 3 to 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Transfer the jalapeno poppers into paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Let them cool and serve.
- When cutting the jalapenos, it is highly recommended that you utilize gloves because of their heat, which may cause a burning sensation.
You can dip each pepper into the milk and breadcrumbs twice if you want to before finally frying them. Be sure, though, to give them some time to dry up.
- Method: Frying
In case you accidentally get some of the hot pepper oils into your hands, you should never touch your eyes or face. Wash your hands using dishwashing soap. You can also utilize vegetable oil, yogurt, or milk.
Again, it would be best to use gloves.
I know how hard it is sometimes to get from breakfast to lunch and lunch to dinner without munching on something. You can then make some deep-fried jalapeno poppers. That will help you avoid getting your hands into that candy jar!