With these deep-fried jalapeno poppers, you’ll get to enjoy three delightful flavors: spicy, creamy, and cheesy. Their crispiness is a plus, too!
15 jalapeno peppers
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. cheddar cheese
1 c. each milk, all-purpose flour, and breadcrumbs
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and then remove the seeds.
- Combine cheddar and cream cheese. Make sure to mix well.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture and press the halves back together.
- Pour the milk into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Get another bowl and put the bread crumbs.
- Dip each pepper into the milk and then the flour mixture. Make sure to coat them completely, before setting on a waxed paper. Let them dry for about 15 minutes.
- Dip each pepper again into the milk followed by the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry for another 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer.
- Deep fry the breaded peppers for about 3 to 5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Transfer the jalapeno poppers into paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Let them cool and serve.
- When cutting the jalapenos, it is highly recommended that you utilize gloves because of their heat, which may cause a burning sensation.
You can dip each pepper into the milk and breadcrumbs twice if you want to before finally frying them. Be sure, though, to give them some time to dry up.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Method: Frying