Texture, flavor, and twist – That’s what you need to make chicken breasts more delightful. With this Nut-Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe, you will have a hearty and elegant main course for dinner.
4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, and halved)
1/4 c. ground walnuts
1/2 c. each fresh mushrooms and onion (finely chopped)
1/4 c. celery (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1 large egg white
1/4 c. Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
1 package frozen spinach (chopped)
- Saute onions, garlic, celery, and mushrooms until tender in a small skillet.
- Add spinach and cheese, and then remove from heat.
- Look for the thickest part of each breast and cut a lengthwise slit. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine eggs and walnuts in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip one side of the chicken breast in egg then walnuts.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray and arrange the chicken breasts in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 to 30 minutes.
The dish should be uncovered while baking in the oven.