These little Vanilla Meringue Cookies are crisp, sweet, and delicate. You can eat them on their own for dessert or snack. You can also utilize them to decorate your favorite cake as well as tart.
3 large eggs (you only need the whites)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
2/3 c. sugar
- Put egg whites into a small bowl and leave at room temperature for about half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cream of tartar, vanilla extract, as well as the salt to the egg whites. Slowly add the sugar and be sure that it gets fully dissolved. Beat the mixture until you see glossy peaks forming.
- Get a pastry bag and create a small hole in the tip. Transfer meringue into the bag and pipe cookies according to the shape and size that you want. Be sure to keep them apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for about 45 minutes or until firm.
- Turn the oven heat off but leave the meringues in there. After an hour, remove them from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet. Remove the meringues from the paper.
If you plan on storing your Vanilla Meringue cookies, put them in an airtight container and store at room temperature.