This is a dish that you should include on your list if you are a huge fan of Italian cuisine. With spicy red sauce and herbs, it definitely deserves a five-star!
1 pound spaghetti pasta
4 slices bacon (diced)
1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
2 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook diced bacon for about 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain all drippings from the pan but leave about 2 tablespoons.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add stewed tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Break up tomatoes if needed.
- Cook the spaghetti pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain.
- Stir basil into the sauce and then pour over cooked pasta.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
- You can add more red pepper flakes if you want the sauce to be spicier.
- If basil is not available, you can substitute it with fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- Cuisine: Italian