Coca-cola, black pepper, and star anise…That’s all you need to achieve the best slow cooker ham!
1.5 kg boneless gammon joint (unsmoked)
2L coca cola
10 black peppercorns
4 star anise
150g dark brown sugar
1/2 tbsp. mustard powder
1 tbsp. treacle
50 ml honey
- Place the boneless, unsmoked gammon joint into your slow cooker and then add coca-cola, black peppercorns, star anise, and sugar. Cook on high for about 4 hours.
- In a bowl, combine treacle, honey, and mustard powder. Mix well.
- Once the ham is cooked, get rid of the liquid and allow it to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Remove the skin of the ham. Leave some of the fat behind. Brush over with the honey mixture and put it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool before slicing.
When adding the ingredients (1st step), you can add a little bit of water if you want. While in the oven, keep brushing it with the honey mixture.