Sweet and salty…nutty and chewy…classic and simple…This is going to be the best pecan pie you’ll ever have!
1 1/4 c. pecan nuts
1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
1 3/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. each corn syrup (dark) and butter
1 tbsp. water (cold)
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the corn syrup, butter, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan. Bring to a full boil and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Beat eggs in a bowl then add the syrup mixture. Add the pecans, vanilla, and salt and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until filling is set.
- Check the pie while it’s baking so as to avoid burning the crust or even the pecan nuts. If it is still over jiggly, bake it some more.
- It would be best to allow the pie to cool off before serving it. You can even leave it to cool overnight if you want to.
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American