This dessert recipe made with semisweet or dark and white chocolate may seem simple. But once you have a piece, I’m sure you would want more. Flavored with peppermint and top with chopped candy canes, you’d find it very satisfying. A perfect way to satisfy your cravings for sweets!
12 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
12 ounces white chocolate (chopped)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
8 candy canes (crushed)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a large pot with water (about 3 inches from the bottom) and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once it starts to simmer, reduce heat and put a heatproof bowl on top.
- Put the semisweet chocolate in the bowl. Stir carefully until it is melted. Add the peppermint extract.
- Pour it into the baking sheet and make sure it is even using an offset spatula. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until set.
- Using the same pot of simmering water, put another heatproof bowl and add the white chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Pour over semi sweet chocolate and top with crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
If you want the peppermint bark to set faster, you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes.