If you have been accustomed to fried spring rolls, now is the best time to make a change. With this Fresh Vietnamese Spring Roll recipe, you will be able to enjoy more benefits from vegetables since they are raw. They are delicious, too, and you can enhance their flavor by dipping them into your choice of sauce.
2 oz. rice vermicelli
8 eaches rice wrappers
8 large shrimps (peeled, deveined, cooked, and cut in half)
1 1/3 tbsp. chopped fresh Thai basil
3 tbsp each chopped fresh mint leaves and cilantro
2 leaves lettuce (chopped)
1/2 c. water
4 tsp. fish sauce
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp. garlic chili sauce
3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. peanuts (finely chopped)
- Boil water in a medium saucepan and add rice vermicelli. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes and drain.
- Fill a bowl with warm water and dip each wrapper in it for a second to soften it. Lay the wrapper flat and arrange 2 shrimp halves, basil, mint, lettuce, cilantro, and vermicelli. Fold uncovered sides inward and roll the wrapper. Do the same with the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, sugar, chili sauce, and water in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanuts and hoisin sauce.
- The rice wrappers should be about 8.5-inch in diameter.
- Serve the spring rolls with the hoisin sauce and fish sauce mixtures.