Nobody could resist this dish with a delightful sauce made with butter, cheese, and heavy cream poured over al dente fettuccine pasta. Creamy, delicious, and to die for!
1 pound fettuccine
1/2 cup each heavy cream, butter, and freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
more parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Cook fettuccine pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, following the instructions on the package. Set aside about 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Add cream and butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until butter is melted and the cream starts to bubble. Stir in parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add cooked pasta and coat with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle more parmesan cheese before serving.
Simmering the sauce for a couple of minutes may leave it still a little bit thin, but it should thicken more as it cools. Also, if you notice at the end (when pasta is added) that the sauce is too thick, you can add some pasta water.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Italian