With chopped Italian sausages and a short list of ingredients for making the sauce, this Easy Homemade Sausage Pasta is a sure winner on your dinner table. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to pull together!
250 grams of pasta (of your choice)
500 grams Italian sausages
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
800 grams crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon chili flakes or red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
2 handfuls of baby spinach
Parmesan and finely sliced basil leaves (for garnish)
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water following the directions on the package. Reserve a cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sausages into 1.2 to 2 cm long.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add the sausages. Cook until the outside is brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes or chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until sauce is thickened. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Add spinach, cooked pasta, and about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Toss quickly.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese before serving.
Once pasta and the other ingredients are added to the sauce, be sure to toss it quickly, no longer than 1 minute.
- Cuisine: American-Italian