Easy Homemade Sausage Pasta
Looking for a super quick dinner meal? I’ve got one for you – Easy Homemade Sausage Pasta!
Most of the time, after a long day at work, nobody wants to spend long hours in the kitchen trying to pull together an elaborate recipe. What you need is something that can be easily accomplished, does not involve too many ingredients, but still satisfying and delicious. That’s exactly what this easy homemade sausage pasta recipe is all about. In just 20 minutes, you would have an American-Italian sausage pasta that can rival other pasta recipes out there.
The main star of this recipe is Italian sausages. If you have any sausage at home, that will work. And I mean anything that is of good quality. When it comes to the type of noodles, you can make use of anything, too, from spaghetti to penne, linguine, farfalle, spiral, fettucini, and many more. You can even make use of macaroni.
What makes a huge difference really is how you make the sauce, what it contains, and, of course, the sausages. Simply chop the sausages in chunks so they would look like meatballs. In fact, the main idea of this recipe is swapping out the traditional meatballs with equally savory sausages.Print
With chopped Italian sausages and a short list of ingredients for making the sauce, this Easy Homemade Sausage Pasta is a sure winner on your dinner table. Plus, it only takes 20 minutes to pull together!
250 grams of pasta (of your choice)
500 grams Italian sausages
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon olive oil
800 grams crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon chili flakes or red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
2 handfuls of baby spinach
Parmesan and finely sliced basil leaves (for garnish)
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water following the directions on the package. Reserve a cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sausages into 1.2 to 2 cm long.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and then add the sausages. Cook until the outside is brown.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes or chili flakes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until sauce is thickened. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Add spinach, cooked pasta, and about 1/2 cup of pasta water. Toss quickly.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese before serving.
Once pasta and the other ingredients are added to the sauce, be sure to toss it quickly, no longer than 1 minute.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cuisine: American-Italian
There you go with a super quick dinner meal. Well, you can definitely make this for lunch, too. You can also serve it during special occasions or get-togethers. You can never go wrong with it! You can be sure that adults and kids alike would love it since the sausages are an excellent substitute for meatballs.
With this recipe, there is no need to stress yourself out when you get home from work and you have to prepare dinner for the entire family. It’s an easy fix!