A handful of oven-roasted chickpeas with your favorite seasoning makes a healthy, high-fiber, high-protein snack.
12 oz. garbanzo beans (drained)
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch each of salt and garlic salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry the chickpeas using a paper towel, and pour them onto a baking sheet. Make sure that the layer is even.
- Put the chickpeas in the oven and leave them there for up to 10 minutes or until they are all dry.
- Pull them out and toss them with oil and salt. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Once they are crispy and golden brown, toss seasonings.
- Allow the chickpeas to cool before serving.
If you intend to store the roasted chickpeas, you can put them in a resealable bag or container with a lid. Make sure to leave the lid slightly open to maintain their crunchiness.
- Method: Roasting