Everybody loves egg rolls, and this Crispy Chinese Egg Roll recipe will definitely be your favorite. They are filled with ground pork and vegetables, wrapped up, and fried to crispy perfection! You will surely love the sesame sauce, too!
1 lb. ground pork
1 tbsp. fresh ginger (grated)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 1/2 c. finely chopped cabbage and shredded carrots
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. water
12 6-inch square egg roll wrappers
1-quart canola oil (for frying)
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. orange juice
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger root
1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Cook garlic, ginger, onion powder, pork, and soy sauce over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and water.
- Lay one egg roll wrapper out (with a corner pointed toward you). Put about 2 tablespoons each of the meat and carrots and cabbage mixture in the center. Spread a little bit of the four mixture along the edge.
- Make a triangle by folding two of the corners together and then fold the sides in and roll tightly. Seal the edges using the flour mixture.
- Fry egg rolls until light brown and crispy.
- Serve with sesame sauce.
- Over medium heat, cook garlic and red pepper flakes until fragrant. Add all the remaining ingredients and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Make the sesame sauce first before you make the egg rolls. Refrigerate the sauce until serving.