This Creamy Baked Cauliflower is something that even the ‘pickiest’ kids will certainly fall in love with. It’s super creamy and cheesy. It’s a richer take on the traditional family bake that everybody has been accustomed to. This recipe is a game-changer!
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
4 tbsps. butter
2 tbsps. flour
2 c. milk
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. Swiss cheese
1/4 c. breadcrumbs
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets for about 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat and then add flour and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add nutmeg and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce into a baking dish, add cauliflower florets, and then pour the rest of the sauce over it.
- Combine breadcrumbs and remaining Swiss cheese and sprinkle on the casserole. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the cauliflower.
- Set oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the top has browned.
When simmering the milk, make sure to stir or whisk constantly to remove lumps.