This classic creme brulee recipe will give you a “crunchy” and “custardy” delight. It’s an excellent after-lunch or after-dinner treat that every single one would love to have over and over again!
1-quart heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
1 cup vanilla sugar
2 quarts hot water
6 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the cream and vanilla bean (along with its pulp) into a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and leave it alone for about 15 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well until the color lightens. Slowly add the cream while stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins and arrange them in a large cake pan.
- Pour the hot water into the pan. The level should be halfway up the sides of the containers.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the creme brulee is set.
- Remove from the pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and allow to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Top with sugar and use a torch to caramelize it.
- Set aside for a few minutes before serving.
When baking the creme brulee, it should set but the middle should still be a little bit jiggly.