For someone who has not been treated to this baked chicken recipe before, it will surely be a new gastronomical experience to remember. The perfect blend of chicken, ham, and cheese in a single roll is simply delightful.
Chicken Roll Ingredients:
8 chicken breasts (skinned and deboned)
4 slices of Swiss cheese in 1” inch cuts
8 slices of ham (precooked)
1 tsp of dried thyme
Pepper and salt, to taste
¼ cup of butter (melted)
½ cup of cornflakes cereal crumbs
½ cup of sour cream
1 can (10.75 ounce) of condensed cream of chicken soup
1 tsp of lemon juice
- On each ham slice, put some cuts of cheese and sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper to taste. ‘Jelly roll’ the stuffed ham.
- To prepare the chicken, alternately place them in between two plastic wraps and pound them using a meat mallet until it is 1/8 inch thick.
- Roll chicken with the cheese-stuffed ham inside, tuck the ends, and fasten the rolls with toothpicks.
- In a bowl of melted butter, dip each chicken roll. Place them in a shallow dish of cornflakes cereal crumbs and roll each until all are fully coated.
- In a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, bake the chicken rolls until they are golden brown or for approximately 40 minutes.
- To make a matching sauce, mix the condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir occasionally as you heat the mixture over low heat.
- The sauce can make about two cups with ¼ cup for each chicken roll.
- When serving, you can pour the sauce over the chicken rolls or place in separate saucers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes