Light and fluffy on the inside…crisp and golden on the outside…topped with your favorite toppings…That’s the best Belgian waffles, ever!
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c. whole milk
1 c. butter (melted)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
***your choice of toppings
- Combine flour, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl and add vanilla, butter, and milk. Make sure to mix well before adding the dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites and fold into batter.
- Fill the preheated waffle iron with the batter and bake until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
It is highly recommended that you grease the waffle maker before adding the batter.
As for the egg whites, beat them thoroughly. Try to tilt the bowl. If they don’t move, then they are good to go.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes